Once you have connected your SweTrack Lite to the vehicle's electrical system, you will need to activate a data plan in order to use the product.
What is a data plan, and why do I need one?
Unlike some other products, you do not need to get your own SIM card e.g. a prepaid card, to use the SweTrack Lite. Instead, you sign up for a data plan in order to activate the built-in SIM card. This allows the product to connect to the Internet and transfer its location data to you using the built-in SIM card, so that you can view it in the SweTrack Live app. Without data, the product will not work as it will not be able to report its location data to you.
What is included in the data plan?
The fee includes unlimited mobile data for your GPS tracker. The data plan is valid throughout Europe, which means that you can use the GPS tracker when traveling abroad in Europe at no extra cost. In addition, the device is completely carrier-free, which means that it automatically connects to whatever network provides the best coverage.
Is there any commitment required?
There is no commitment - you can cancel at any time! This means that if you only use the tracking a few months a year, for example if you have a motorcycle, then you do not have to pay any fees during the time the vehicle is in storage.
How do start a data plan?
1. Go to the web app www.swetrack.com/live and log in to your account. If you do not have an account, click on "Sign up", follow the instructions and then log in.
2. Go to the "Data Plans" page and click on "My Cards".
3. Click on "Add card" and then fill in your card details. Then click on the blue "Save" button.
4. Then click on the "Devices without data plan" tab.
5. Select the device or devices for which you want to create a data plan and then click on "Create a data plan"
How do I get receipts for payments that I've made?
You can view your receipts for all of your transactions by logging in to SweTrack Live for mobile or web. For more information on how to proceed, read the following article: View and download receipts.
Can I pay by invoice?
Corporate customers are able to pay the monthly fee on invoice. If you wish to pay by invoice, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to provide the IMEI number of the product(s) you wish to pay for by invoice. We also need complete billing information, including the organization number (VAT number if outside Sweden) and the email address you want to receive the invoices to.
If you experience problems
If you experience problems while trying to create your subscription, first and foremost check the items in the list below:
- Your card must be open for internet purchases, and there must be coverage on the card.
- You cannot use a card of the type Electron, Maestro or Diners Club.
- Make sure you are using a modern browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Make sure you enter the correct IMEI number.
If you experience other problems, contact us at email@example.com.