When you have added your product to the app for the first time, the device's location might not appear on the map and you will see a message saying "No devices available" / "No devices found" when using the Choose Vehicle button. This is because the product has not yet reported any location data to the system. Here are the most common reasons for this:
- You haven't activated a data plan. This is required for the device to work properly. Please refer to Activate a data plan for your device to read more.
- The data plan was activated very recently. It may take up to 20 minutes for the device to activate once you've finalized your payment. If less than 20 minutes has passed since you paid, please stand by and wait for the device to complete its activation process.
- The device is out of battery or not turned on. Double check that the device is charged with the included charging cable. Charge the device for at least 6 hours until the red light starts blinking slowly. Also double check if the device is turned on. Press the power button for at least 3 seconds until the light diodes starts blinking.
- The product is not getting a good GSM or GPS signal - if the vehicle is parked inside a garage, this may very well be the issue. Please take the vehicle for a drive outdoors and the device should connect after a few moments.
- The vehicle hasn't moved - if no movements have been registered since the device was activated and registered to an account in the SweTrack Live app, no data has been uploaded so there is nothing to show in the app. Please generate movement, either by moving the actual vehicle or by simply shaking the device outdoors if it is easily accessible. This will trigger the vibration sensor, causing the device to upload data to the app.
Note that if the device's address indicates that it is located in China, this is because the device has been connected without being able to pinpoint a correct GPS position, it often happens if the device is in a garage or similar inside structure or that it just has not had time to get a correct GPS ping yet. As part of the quality control process, the products are functionally tested at several points, including the internal memory being tested by reading in a test coordinate. In some cases, it uploads this position when it has nothing else stored in the internal memory. Read more under the article: My device shows a position in China.