We sometimes receive questions concerning push notifications (alarm messages) that aren't being delivered to the user's phone as expected. This article describes some common causes of this and how to fix them.
Common Causes and Fixes
- You haven't enabled push notifications for the type of alarm you're expecting. Please refer to the article about Notification settings. You can also try disabling all alarms and then re-enabling them (remember to press Save in between).
- You haven't defined a geofence, the geofence hasn't been synced with the device, or the geofence's radius is too narrow. Please refer to the article about geofences.
- You haven't given the app permission to send notifications to your device, or your phone is in "Do not Disturb mode". Please check the phone's system-wide settings.
- You've signed out of the app. Signing out will revoke your notification certificate, causing notifications to not be delivered. Please ensure that you are signed into the app.
- There's an error with the Firebase notification certificate that we use to send notifications to your phone. This is fixed by force-quitting and re-opening the app. As a last resort, reinstall the app.
- If you're not getting notifications about ignition changes, please make sure that the orange wire is properly connected.
If the issue persists despite going through the list of common causes and fixes above, please contact us and provide the device's IMEI number so that we can investigate the issue.